In an effort to protect the health of all involved with the Why Not Tri, we will be instituting certain precautionary policies and measures. Your help in meeting these standards is essential to keep our event safe for racers, spectators, vendors, and volunteers.
1. Racers need to be able to confirm no signs or symptoms of COVID-19 seven days prior to race day.
2. Racers need to be able to confirm no close sustained contact with anyone who is sick within 14 days prior to race day.
3. Those who cannot confirm the above must not attend the event. For this reason, we are committed to being flexible with deferments and refunds.
4. Individuals considered by the CDC to be “at risk” are recommended to not participate.
These policies may be updated or changed prior to race day. We will keep you informed of the details via email and website updates.
We will have comprehensive COVID-19 mitigation plans for each of the different areas at the race location. The two things you, our racers and spectators, must do to help us on race day are:
1. Wear a mask when not actively exercising at our event.
2. Maintain appropriate social distance between yourself and non-household members or others outside your close social group. This can be best achieved by:
* staying in or near your car before your event start
* keeping your distance from others while warming up or waiting to participate
* respecting all announcements and instructions during the event
* once finished with your event, maintaining social distance and departing the finish area as soon as possible
For Racers traveling from out of Alaska:
For those of you that may be traveling from outside of Alaska to participate or have recently traveled home to Alaska, you MUST abide by the State of Alaska’s COVID-19 Travel restrictions. Please review these restrictions prior to race day. They can be found here: