The brick walls are there for a reason. They're not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. - Randy Pausch
MONEY IS NONREFUNDABLE
ONCE ASSIGNED A START TIME, IT CANNOT BE CHANGED
ONCE ASSIGNED A BIB #, IT CANNOT BE SWITCHED
• There will be NO race day registration.
• Racers need to obey all traffic laws, and should be aware of their surroundings at all times on the bike and run course. Ample assistance will be provided for racers, but they will need to always check before crossing any streets for unaware drivers.
• All participants must display their race number at all times. Racers are responsible for making sure the timers are aware of their number. This is crucial for accurate timing results.
• Participants should label all gear with full name and/or race number. Redline and The Why Not Tri are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
• No participant shall leave any equipment or personal gear on the race course.
• No participant can use ear buds or headphones on the bike portion of the race.
• Racers will treat all other race participants, officials, volunteers and spectators with fairness, respect and courtesy.
• Racers must have an assigned bib to enter the transition area.
• Racers should label all gear with their bib number. This is recommended in order to return any missing items to the rightful owner.
• Racers may not mount their bike prior to the “Mount Bike Here” line. This will be painted on the ground just before the bike chute.
• Racers’ helmets must be fastened before mounting their bikes and stay fastened throughout the entire bike course.
• Racers must dismount their bikes when they see the DISMOUNT BIKE HERE line. Once dismounted racers may unfasten their helmets.
• No early drop-off is available. Once a racer is finished they should remove all items from transition as soon as possible to allow more room for the other participants.
• Racers are responsible for providing their own bike stands. Kick stands are acceptable.
• Racers should keep alert at all times. Racers should use the designated exits for removing gear to prevent injury to other active racers in transition.
• Racers should be on the pool deck when their bib number range is called.
• All racers must shower before entering the swim area.
• Each lane will contain two racers. There will be no swim circling. (Circle Swim)
• No snorkels, kickboards, flotation devices or fins may be used, unless racer has a special medical circumstance. Racer cannot receive any advantage by using additional assistance, and use of device must be cleared with the race director prior to race day.
• Racers may not leave personal items in the pool locker rooms or on the pool deck.
• Racers may change in the locker rooms, but Redline, The Why Not Tri, and Wasilla High School are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
• DO NOT PASS in INTERSECTIONS, DRIVEWAYS or along NARROW BIKE PATHS.
• When passing another cyclist, participants must not attempt to pass unless adequate space is available. The racer must feel confident of his/her ability to pass the other cyclist. All passing is to be done to the left of the cyclist being overtaken unless otherwise specified. When passing is necessary and safe, racers should announce to the cyclist they wish to pass prior to passing by saying, “on your left” or “passing.”
• The responsibility of knowing and following the prescribed course rests with each participant.
• THIS IS NOT A CLOSED COURSE. Racers must obey all traffic laws while cycling. Flaggers are NOT ALLOWED to stop traffic. It is the racer’s responsibility to follow flaggers, markers, volunteer suggestions and course markers.
• Use of ear buds or headphones on the bike portion of the race is prohibited.
• Racers need to return bicycles to original bike stand/area.
• Flaggers on course are not allowed to stop traffic.
• THIS IS NOT A CLOSED COURSE. Racers must obey all traffic laws while running.
• Only racers are allowed in the Transition Area.
• On-course spectators may only park in areas that will not disrupt the flow of traffic.
• Finish line spectators must stand behind the flagging in order to allow room for timers and photographers.
• Parking will be available behind Palmer High School and at Palmer Middle School.
• No parking will be allowed at the Palmer Pool.
• Be aware of racers when exiting the parking lot (the bike course intersects the driveway to the parking lot behind the high school).