MONEY IS NONREFUNDABLE
ONCE ASSIGNED A START TIME, IT CANNOT BE CHANGED
ONCE ASSIGNED A BIB #, IT CANNOT BE SWITCHED
WASILLA HIGH SCHOOL PARKING LOT ROAD WILL BE CLOSED FROM
3:30-5:00 P.M. FOR THE KIDS’ RACE!
-There will be NO race day registration.
- Obey all traffic laws, and be aware of your surroundings at all times on the bike and run course. Ample
assistance will be provided for participants, but you need to always check before crossing any street for
- All participants must display their race number at all times. Racers are responsible for making sure the
timers are aware of their number. This is very important for accurate time results.
- Label all your gear with your full name and/or race number.
- No participant shall leave any equipment or personal gear on the race course.
- No participant can use ear buds or headphones on the bike portion of the race.
- Treat all participants, officials, volunteers and spectators with fairness, respect and courtesy.
- You must have an assigned bib to enter the transition area.
- Label all your gear with your bib number. This is recommended in order to return any missing items to the rightful
- You may not mount your bike in the transition area.
- You may not mount your bike prior to the “Mount Bike Here” line. This will be painted on the ground just before
the bike chute.
- Your helmet must be fastened before you mount your bike.
- Your helmet must stay fastened throughout the entire course.
-You MUST dismount your bike when you see the DISMOUNT BIKE HERE.
- Once you have dismounted your bike your helmet may be unfastened.
- We do not have early drop off and are not responsible for your gear. Once you have raced we ask that you remove all items from the transition as soon as possible to allow more room for the next racers.
- You are responsible for providing your own bike stand, kick stands are acceptable.
- Keep alert at all times! Please use the designated exits for removing gear to prevent injury to other active racers
- BE ON DECK 15 MINUTES EARLY.
-You HAVE to SHOWER before entering the swim area.
- Line up along the outside wall to wait for your bib number to be announced. Once numbers are announced,
line up on pool deck.
- Only 2 swimmers per lane. No circle swimming!
-No snorkels, kickboards, flotation devices or fins may be used, unless racer has a special medical circumstance. Racer cannot receive any advantage by using additional assistance, and use of device must be cleared with the race director prior to race day.
- Do not leave personal items in the pool locker rooms or on the pool deck.
You may change in the locker rooms, but the Triathlon Board and Wasilla High School
are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- DO NOT PASS in INTERSECTIONS, DRIVEWAYS or along NARROW BIKE PATHS.
- When passing another cyclist, participants must not attempt to pass unless adequate space is available.
The athlete must feel confident of his/her ability to pass the other cyclist. All passing is to be done to the left
of the cyclist being overtaken unles otherwise specified. When passing is necessary and safe, announce
to the cyclist you wish to pass prior to passing by saying, “on your left” or “passing".
- The responsibility of knowing and following the prescribed course rests with each participant.
- THIS IS NOT A CLOSED COURSE. OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS! Flaggers are NOT ALLOWED to stop traffic. It is your responsibility to follow flaggers, markers, volunteer suggestions and course markers.
- Please remove your bike and gear from the transition area as soon as possible after you finish.
-No participant can use ear buds or headphones on the bike portion of the race.
- Return bicycle to original bike stand/area.
- There will be flaggers but they are not allowed to stop traffic.
- THIS IS NOT A CLOSED COURSE. OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS!
- Only racers are allowed in the Transition Area.
- Swim spectators may sit in bleachers only.
- On-course spectators may only park in areas that will not disrupt the flow of traffic.
-Finish line spectators must stand behind the caution tape in order to allow room for timers and photographers.
-Parking will be available behind Wasilla High School and at Wasilla Middle School.
-No parking will be allowed at the Wasilla Pool.
- Be aware of racers as you exit the parking lot (the bike course intersects the driveway
to the parking lot behind the high school).
WASILLA HIGH SCHOOL PARKING LOT ROAD WILL BE CLOSED FROM 3:30-5:00 P.M.
FOR THE KIDS’ RACE!
The brick walls
are there for a reason.
They're not there
to keep us out.
The brick walls are there
to give us a chance
to show how badly
we want something.
- Randy Pausch